Sunday, May 26, 2013

Home Sweet Home

To all of the worried moms: We're back in the states - safe and sound!

I think everyone on this trip can agree that it has been an incredible experience and if we could do it all over again, we would. There have been no regrets, as the trip has taught us more than we ever thought it would! We've made incredible new friends and are not quite ready to say goodbye to each other yet (good thing we have another week in Columbia!).










Although I will miss Germany to many extremes, home is home. And I am happy (and sad) to be back in the states. It's a bittersweet moment right now. We now have free water, free bathrooms, free wifi, air conditioning, and don't live in a hostel. Oh, how I took these things for granted! But I will miss the relaxed European atmosphere, the cool weather, the food, the history of the place, the fashion-forwardness, and the friendly people. What an incredible experience it has been. I know that in my future years to come I will definitely return back to Germany, as it has been my first abroad trip to Europe and, so far, the best trip I've ever been on!

No comments: