Sunday, May 26, 2013

She came, she sang, she gave life. Mrs. Carter.

Wednesday May 22nd at 9pm is when my life changed. I finally got to see my idol in concert. But what made it so unique was being in Europe with a different breed of fans. 


When I applied to study abroad with the Maymester in Munich program, Beyoncè was announcing her tour dates. I knew the dates we would be in Germany, and something told me to check out her tour dates for the month of May (I knew how she toured in Europe before hitting up the US). She had two dates available during the time where we were here. One in Berlin and one in Munich. It ended up working out because she was performing the same exact week we would be in Munich. 

Anyone who knows me, knows that I have an innate passion for Beyoncè. Two people that I knew had the same passion was Dana and Tay. We purchased the tickets a few weeks before the trip and excitement grew from there. 

5.22.13---


Today arrived. We shined in our sparkly dresses, our perfume lingered in the air, and we felt untouchable. When we got on the train to head to the Olympic Stadium everyone complimented us on our outfits. Normally in the US, people get super dressed up for concerts, so when coming to Munich we really didn't get the memo to take it down a notch. 

We met two girls on the train that were headed to the concert too. They asked us to snap pictures with them because "we looked like 3 little Beyoncès". 


We got our bags and tickets checked, took several bathroom breaks, and anxiously waited for Beyoncè to grace the stage. Luke James (UK R&B artist) opened for her. We met some women from Israel who were super sweet and beautiful! 


We sparked conversations with everyone we bumped into until the lights went down. Beyoncè was finally on stage. 

I can't even sum up every detail, but just know that this concert was perfect. Her voice, elaborate costumes, dancing, just everything was amazing. The highlight of the show for me was when she held onto a rope and flew from one stage to the next. There was no harness, safety net, or anything involved. She simply carried her own weight over thousands of people. 

She performed all of my favorites: End of Time, Crazy in Love, Naughty Girl, many more, and my ultimate favorite Single Ladies. All in all, everything was perfect, and so was my night.



I had the blonde hair, black sequined dress, red lipstick, and all of the attitude to match. I was feeling myself. One night only. 




No comments: