Saturday, May 25, 2013

Bayern Munich for the Win!

Today is pretty bittersweet for me. I am very happy to be back in America, mostly because I am excited to do laundry, drink free water, and not have to be on the constant search for wifi, but I really wish that we could have stayed in Munich a day or two longer. Today as we were landing in Charlotte, North Carolina, FC Bayern Munich beat Borussia Dortmund 2-1 to win the Champions League title.

I was never much of a soccer fan, or as they say in Europe a futball fan, but spending time in Munich this week, and Berlin the week before, brought a new sense of fan loyalty to mind. Hundreds of devoted Munich fans were pouring into the airport this morning as we left for the states, though they were headed for the exciting Championship match-up in London. I am the proud new owner of a Bayern Munich scarf as of yesterday, and I can't wait to hang it up on my wall at home and be reminded of the amazing adventures and memories that I created amongst all the other Munich fans every time I look at it. 

I really wish that I could be standing in Marienplatz right now celebrating and drinking beer, instead of sitting in the airport waiting for my connecting flight, but beggars can't be choosers I guess. After all, the rest of the week I spent galavanting and roaming around the city was definitely nothing to complain about.



No comments: